Q: What is Shapiro’s League of Seven? A: The League of Seven is comprised of […]
Shapiro’s League of Seven: “The Day The Sports World Paused” (Episode 01)
League members: Marshall Auerback and Mick Sloniowski
Hosted by Ari Shapiro
Record: March 17th, 2020.
1. The day the sports world disappeared.
2. Flattening the curve; stay-at-home guidelines and cash reinforcements, debt write-offs – how should the world handle this development?
3. The threat of social media when it comes to the disappearance of toilet paper and key goods.
4. Italy and Iran’s total failure; why South Korea’s mandatory testing policy worked right off the bat.
5. Israel cyber-monitoring; deploying cell phone monitoring technology – is that an Orwellian gateway?
Theme: Coffee and Feels (Satin Jackets, Golden Feel, 2020)
Thrilled to be flanked by some seriously savvy and enthusiastic basketball insiders as we discuss the Toronto Raptors of the NBA and why they remain the best kept secret in the sports universe.
Joining me is beer league veteran and former college basketball player Mick Sloniowski (@Mickey_Slo), popular Canadian podcaster and blogger Karim Kanji (@karimkanji), and sportscaster and radio announcer Michael Asiffo (@michaelasiffo).
Together we discussed: why it’s so bloody difficult for the team to earn respect south of the border, how baseball and hockey have failed where basketball succeeds, the brilliance of Adam Silver and the failure of Rob Manfred, how pandering to fans has become a lost art, why Nick Nurse deserves his own private island in British Columbia, and what to expect from the reigning champions when it comes to this year’s playoffs.
Be sure to check out WelcomeToTheMusic.com and The Leg Kick podcast today.
Don’t forget to subscribe to arishapiro.ca. and receive all my latest literary, audio and video content at your leisure. It’s free and comes with pie.