1. Play Settlers of Catan Trade. Build. Settle. Oh my. One never forgets Catan after […]
Shapiro’s League of Seven: “The Failure of Social Distancing and Donald Trump” (Episode #02)
League members: Chris Henderson and Bradley Huff
Hosted by Ari Shapiro
Record: March 22nd, 2020.
1. The coronavirus aka COVID-19 is raging, and social distancing is proving to me an unmitigated failure. While countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam are proving to show the world that they can slay the pandemic giant – other nations such as Italy, Iran and The United State of New York City are ensuring that an inevitable lockdown is n the horizon – the kind that will prevent you from having your pretentiously premium coffee brewed for you while limiting the glory of having beef vindaloo and garlic naan with your binge-watching weekend. These are dark times that could last half a year or longer before we flatten the curve as the cool kids like to say.
2. What the hell went wrong? How did we know so much about the imminent arrival of this pandemic and why do we find ourselves handling it like lemmings hoarding toilet paper, bread, and other medical supplies while those who really need it are frustrated to roam the planet looking for an available hospital bed? Where’s the empathy and compassion needed to overcome this crisis…and has it ever existed?
3. How Donald Trump stumbled and bumbled has way into political oblivion, downplaying the severity of the situation and reducing the number of CDC workers…and yet it’s more than likely he’ll be re-elected in November when and if the elections are held.
Theme: Money City Maniacs (Sloan, Navy Blues, 1998)
Shapiro’s League of Seven: “The Day The Sports World Paused” (Episode 01)
League members: Marshall Auerback and Mick Sloniowski
Hosted by Ari Shapiro
Record: March 17th, 2020.
1. The day the sports world disappeared.
2. Flattening the curve; stay-at-home guidelines and cash reinforcements, debt write-offs – how should the world handle this development?
3. The threat of social media when it comes to the disappearance of toilet paper and key goods.
4. Italy and Iran’s total failure; why South Korea’s mandatory testing policy worked right off the bat.
5. Israel cyber-monitoring; deploying cell phone monitoring technology – is that an Orwellian gateway?
Theme: Coffee and Feels (Satin Jackets, Golden Feel, 2020)